Hi everyone, the purpose of this newsletter is to summarise the key points raised at the monthly committee meeting and keep you all up to date.
• Steve and Mel Giles have been doing a great job of getting things organised for the Pump Track Champs. There is a working bee at the Pump Track in Spa Park this Saturday the 20th at 9am to get things ready for the 27th. Please come up and help if you can spare a few hours. Anyone keen to help out on the 27th with the running of the event please let one of the committee members know so we can compile a list of helpers and start allocating jobs for the day. Please note that the Sat 20th working bee is where we most need volunteers.
• Once again the barbecue at club nights has been running really well! There is no formal roster in place at the moment but if you’re keen to cook a few sausages or not that keen but will help out anyway just put your hand up. It is probably a good idea to get your orders in as early as possible (no matter what time you want to eat) so that the nights chefs can tally the numbers needed to cook for that particular evening and minimise waste/disappointment.
• Taupo BMX has benefitted from the fireworks sale again this year, thanks to all that helped out and a special thanks to Craig and Lisa Halligan!
• With some of the money raised from the fireworks, money already allocated to the new gate and funding received we are going to purchase a new gate which will be retrofitted to the existing ramp until we can come up with the remaining funds to build the new ramp.
• Thanks to all that helped out with the working bee at the track last weekend, it looks pretty tidy when the lawns are done!
• Wednesday the 21st of December will be the last night of racing for the year, members prize giving and a visit from a certain someone will be on this night – more info to follow. The first night of racing for the New Year is still to be confirmed.
• Fee’s will remain the same for next year, those that wish to race away early in the new year will have to get their fees to Jane ASAP so she can get them through to BMXNZ before the Christmas break.
• The list of helpers and jobs for King of the Ring on the 3rd of December and the following morning has been finalised. Everyone involved should know what’s going on, if you don’t Andrea will be able to fill in the blanks. This will add an additional $5000.00 to our ramp fund so thank you so much who have stepped forward to help.
• As you are probably already aware the Taupo Christmas Parade has been cancelled this year due to lack of entries and stall holders.
• There have been some questions asked about if the track is an alcohol free zone. There was a ban in pace in the past but as it stands at the moment the committee is happy for those over the age of 18 to have a few social drinks as long as it is only a few. We are committed to keeping the track safe and family friendly.
• Wednesday, 16 November 17:30, Taupo Club Day
• Saturday, 19 November All day, Cambridge Twilight
• Sunday, 20 November All day, Te Awamutu Track Opening
• Sunday, 20 November 9am, Taupo Pump Track working bee
• Wednesday, 23 November 17:30, Taupo Club Day
• Saturday, 26 November All day, Paul Cowper Memorial Meeting - Hawera
• Sunday, 27 November, New Plymouth Meeting - NQM
• Sunday, 27 November, Taupo Pump Track Champs
• Wednesday, 30 November 17:30, Taupo Club Day
• Saturday, 3 December, Whangarei Meeting – NQM
• Saturday/ Sunday , 3/4th December, King Of The Ring Fund Raiser
• Sunday, 11 December, Mainland South Region Champs
• Sunday, 11 December, Tauranga Track opening
• Wednesday, 14 December 17:30, Taupo Club Day
• Wednesday, 21 December 17:30, Taupo Club Day, members end of year prize giving with xmas special visitor expected
Keep an eye on www.taupobmx.org.nz and our Facebook page for up to date information