Hi everyone, the purpose of this newsletter is to summarise the key points raised at the monthly committee meeting without loading you all up with the fine details.
• We have had a bit of funding come in for the building of our new ramp and gate thanks to Lance! We are currently waiting to hear back from a few other funding organisations but hope to be in a position to start doing something about building a new ramp early in the New Year.
• Steve Giles approached the club about hosting the pump track nationals at Spa Park on the 27th of November as a fundraiser for the Taupo BMX club. A unanimous decision was made by the committee to take on and run this event. Steve( President of Bike Fest) and Melissa Giles are willing to work with a sub committee consisting of Steve Amrien and Phil Simpson supported by the committee to make this event a success. We are looking for other club members to help out with this event. If you are keen to be involved please let us know.
• We are waiting on a sample of the new club race shirt; once the sample has been viewed orders will be taken. If everything goes to plan the new shirts will be ready for the North’s.
• The barbecue at club days seems to be running well. There is no formal roster in place at the moment but if you’re keen to cook a few sausages or not that keen but will help out anyway just put your hand up.
• Laurie’s Hoodies and T-shirts have been selling well. Laurie is currently trying to source some more.
• We will more than likely be selling fireworks as a fund raising activity again this year. Details are yet to be confirmed but keep in the back of your minds as we approach the 5th of November we will be looking for volunteers to help out and want to avoid losing precious profit by paying for non member shop staff.
• Club nights have been moved back from Tuesday to Wednesday nights. The first night of racing will be Wednesday the 5th of October, registration from 5:30 PM racing starts at 6:00 PM.
• Monday evening training for all kids will commence after the North Island Champs starting at 5.30pm. Date yet to be confirmed.
• Saturday, 17 September, Taranaki Region Champs - Round 1
• Sunday, 18 September, Taupo Club Day
• Saturday, 24 September, Gisborne NQM - ROUND 2 National Series - Central Region Champs
• Sunday, 25 September, Gisborne - Pre Norths/Mighty 11's Trials
• Sunday, 25 September, Taupo Club Racing
• Saturday, 1 October, Wainuiomata “Alto Building Classic”
• Sunday, 2 October, Christchurch NQM
• Wednesday, 5 October, Taupo Club Racing, registration 5.30, racing 6pm
• Saturday, 8 October, Cambridge Track Opening
• Wednesday, 12 October, Taupo Club Racing
Keep an eye on www.taupobmx.org.nz and the Facebook page for up to date information